Whether you are seeking to apply an asset number, part number, serial number, QA/QC inspection approval or rejection, Corporate logos and/or industry symbols, heat codes, date codes, or a multitude of other types of detail, the process of defining the type of mark requires evaluation of options to determine the best method. Leading Marks, LLC, offers a wide range of marking methods including:
- Dot Peen
- Hot Stamping
- Impact Marking
- Ink Marking
- Laser Marking
- Tags and Nameplates
- Introduction to all marking methods
Factoring in the industry requirements specific to your company may also require consideration of how you will apply bar codes or other traceable identification that will survive cradle-to-grave in varying environments. To learn more about the common marking applications and industries served, explore the links below:
Consideration of the industry requirements becomes even more critical when the component is placed in and/or used in very harsh environments.
While the environment is important to consider other variables need to be considered such as:
- Product material; metal, plastic, glass, fabric, or something else
- Is the surface where the mark will be applied flat, curved, recessed, smooth, machined, cast, etc.
- What size is the marking area?
- What are the marking details? (alpha/numeric, logos, bar codes, date codes, etc.)
- What is the environment the component will be used or exposed?
- What is the cycle time for marking and/or applying the mark?
- Will the marking be done as a stand-alone operation or integrated into the manufacturing process?
For more information about identifying solutions for marking contact Leading Marks today